In 2016, the Pearcey Foundation had many events and recognised a wide variety of ICT entrepreneurs and industry contributors.
2016 Pearcey National Awards
On Thursday 1st December at the 2016
ACS Reimagination Thought Leaders Summit,
the 2016 Pearcey National awards were presented:
Data61 at CSIRO sponsored our 2016 Pearcey Medal and Hall of Fame Awards as they have done for more than ten years. Adrian
Turner, CEO of Data61,
presented the Pearcey Medal and inductees into the Pearcey Hall of Fame at the Gala Dinner following a sold-out REIMAGINATION Summit with
more than 800 guests.
Pearcey State Awards
Congratulations to all the Pearcey State Entrepreneur Winners:
- Victorian Award - Martin Hosking, founder and CEO of Redbubble Ltd.
- NSW Award - Richard White, founder and CEO of WiseTechGlobal.
- Queensland Award - Aaron Birkby, CEO Startup Catalyst.
- South Australian Award - Stewart Bartlett, co-founder of Signostics.
- Tasmanian Award - Ben Cashman, MD of The Project Lab
- ACT Award - Dean Spaccavento, founder and CEO of Reposit
- WA representative will be Mike Bradford, CEO of Landgate, selected by the WAITTA Judging Panel
2016 Pearcey Oration
The 2016 Pearcey Oration was delivered by Dr Amanda Caples, Lead Scientist to the
Victorian Government, on 6 September as part of Victoria's Digital Innovation Festival.
The Pearcey Oration is presented each year by an eminent Australian reflecting on
critical contemporary issues impacting our nation that are driven by the introduction of advanced technologies into our society.
Australia 3.0 program
2016 ICT Procurement Policy Challenge was an A3.0 event run
by Pearcey, ACS in partnership with the NSW Government
2016 Open Data Policy Challenge was a second A3.0 event run
by Pearcey, ACS in partnership with the NSW Government. Both programs ran over August - September
2016 Australia 3.0 Finale will see the winning teams present their solutions on morning of Wednesday 30th November in Sydney after both
programs had successful outcomes. Full details on time and location to be published in November. Minister Dominello, NSW Minister for
Innovation and Better Regulation, will be participating in the presentation of these outcomes