2021 The Future Of Work Roundtable
Pearcey Institute Roundtable held on Wednesday 25 August 2021 as part of DIF2021 Digital Innovation Festival.
The Roundtable covered a broad range of challenging topics relating managing change in our ever changing world. This topic is in the
limelight with the challenges to our economic and social resilience during the past year and although many talk about a return to ‘normal’
there can only be a new way to work that comes out of this period. The challenges are many.
As a backdrop, the Roundtable reviewed the recently published report from Swinburne University of Technology’s Centre for the New Workforce; National Survey Report: Peak Human Workplace, Innovation in the unprecedented era.
Each of the speakers provide insight from their deep learnings, experiences and transformation observations in their respective areas of expertise. Areas discussed include how structural changes can present opportunities for us to increase our level of collaboration, ideation and innovation, but this also presents challenges for policy makers, industry, employers and families that need investment in resources, support and training to succeed. The session also includes questions from the audience.
Other questions covered by the DIF2021 Roundtable include:
- How will Ideation and Innovation be managed?
- Is this an opportunity to build a more resilient economy?
- What will the post pandemic business look like?
- How do we transform the culture of what work is?
- What are the social and health considerations?
- Dr Sean Gallagher – Director, Centre for the New Workforce at Swinburne University of Technology
- Sarah Rogers – Partner, Deloitte Consulting
- Professor Peter Brooks AM MD FRACP – Research Lead, Northern Health Melbourne
- Adele Seymon – Director, Deep Green R&D Solutions
- Dr Ian Oppermann – President of the Australian Computer Society
- Professor Jane Burns – Acting CEO, Well and Productive Cooperative Research Centre
Moderated by Mr Denis Tebutt, Chairman Pearcey Institute
The DIF2021 Pearcey Institute Roundtable is part of the Digital Innovation Festival, generously
supported by the Victorian Government.
- Australia 4.0 Session # 6 - Critical Digital Technologies
- Australia 4.0 Session # 5 - Consumer Grid
- Australia 4.0 Session # 4 - Energy Resilience
- Australia 4.0 Session # 3 - Network Intelligence
- Australia 4.0 Session # 2 - Future Grid
- Australia 4.0 Session #1
- Australia 4.0 - path to Net Zero
- 2022 Riding the Digital Wave Summit
- 2019 CSIRAC 70th Anniversary
- 2019 Dr Trevor Pearcey Centenary